Tuesday 20 June 2017

The Peplum Top

This New Look 6130 pattern had been lurking in my stackasaurus of patterns for some time. I've always liked the peplum style top, but I can't say I've worn one since the 1980's.  I had high hopes for this pattern and I wasn't disappointed.  In fact it all came together very easily. I chose the round neck version rather than fiddling with the v neck.


The fabric is a 100% quilting cotton I bought on sale at Spotlight quite some time ago. And yes, it does get a tad creased throughout the day.  But I actually like how the peplum sits given the stiffer fabric. 


The cap sleeve has an unusual feature with a pleat at the top. I'm not sure if that adds anything to the shape of the sleeve, it's just a different feature. 


The only oopsydaisy moment I had with this pattern was the pleats in the peplum. It wasn't until after I took the photos and was about the walk out the door to go to work that I noticed my pleats were both going in the same direction. I think they are both supposed to fold outwards.  You can probably see it best in the first photo.  Though I'm sure not that many people would observe it.  I wore this about 5 weeks ago and I still haven't fixed the pleat issue. It won't take much time to correct, but just distracted by too many other sewing projects.  



So I'd definitely recommend this pattern. It is easy to make and a very accurate fit.  I may try again with a softer fabric.  


No comments:

Post a Comment