Tuesday 23 January 2018

Summer creations for the little person

I've been doing a bit of sewing for my niece in recent weeks.  I missed out on having something ready for Christmas, but got cracking on a few items for the summer wardrobe. 

The first was actually part of her 2nd birthday present.  From Burda 9373, version A. 


Here's PJ being very helpful when I was trying to iron the fabric. It's a better quality photo of the fabric which was a craft fabric from Lincraft.  


Next is the Puff The Magic Dragon dress.  I made this from a pattern in the Japanese sewing book "Sewing for your Girls".


After a terrible few weeks of hot weather I decided to make some lightweight outfits.  The first is a shirred dress. No pattern required for that one. I got some lightweight cheesecloth from Lincraft.  I was concerned how my new machine would go with shirring, phew it worked.  Even tough it's a super simple dress to make, it does take awhile doing all those rows of shirring. I probably should have spaced them out more and then I would only have to do half.  



And finally I made this little ensemble using an old skirt that no longer fit.  The skirt was a button down the front number and I kept the facing and button holes so that the back buttons up.  Shorts were from a basic shorts pattern. 


I used a couple of cute cow buttons at the front for a bit of a feature.  



No comments:

Post a Comment