Sunday 20 July 2014

McCalls 5576

I remember buying this pattern and then not being too thrilled with it when I got it home. It sat in a cupboard for a time until I must have found the right fabric.  The first version was really easy to make up. Though at the time I remember the yolk of the top seemed really big and loose around the front.  On a whim I decided to make the second dress in a day. I was going out to see a band and of course had nothing appropriate to wear.  Was pretty chuffed with how it turned out.  Though still the same problem with the yolk.  I have realised that I attached the yolk the wrong way around. I have done this same thing with some other garments.  I then have had to put a couple seems in the yolk so it sits flat. I then put some buttons on the red and navy one to cover the nasty looking stitching.  Fortunately I think it looks intentional.  This is a really comfy dress, though if I do make another version I will try to get it right. 










No comments:

Post a Comment