Friday 21 September 2018

Vogue 8971, The Return

I'm getting a whole lot of use of this old 90's pattern of mine.  So glad we got reacquainted. 


This dress is just so darned easy to make and you really don't need to put in the zip. Unless you want to make the it really fitted around the bust area.

  
I bought this cotton sateen on line from Spotlight. It looks a lot more like a satin though. Whatever the fabric properties, it doesn't seem to crush. Hooray! 


And my vintage necklace goes perfectly. I've been wearing that necklace since the late 1980's when I purloined it from my mum's old jewelly collection from the 60's.It went perfectly with the op shop dresses I was buying at the time. 





And I really nailed it witht the pattern matching on this side of the dress. Not so much with the other side.   I'd recommend tracking this pattern down if you want a versatile shift dress. 
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment