Saturday 9 February 2019

Vogue 1395

Finally, I bought the right material to make up this pattern.  I had really liked the pattern when I first saw it on someone's blog and think I probably picked up the pattern for $5 at Spotlight during one of their regular sales. 
 

This was one of those patterns where you read the instructions several times because you can't figure out how it's going to work.  The first step was easy. The front section is 2 pieces and you attach the binding on each neckline before you join it up in the centre.  So much easier than attaching binding around a curve. 


Now the back section is a little trickier.  It is 2 layers. Attaching the 2 pieces was a bit strange, but it worked.  Hard to explain, but if you use the pattern you'll see what I mean. Anyway, the top layer creates the back portion of the sleeve and obviously the tie that wraps around to tie at the waist. 


This material from Lincraft was fabulous it's a bit like a searsucker with a sheen to it.  The dress is so comfy and I have already worn it at least 6 times.  Will be great for holidays as the fabric doesn't crush. While I'm happy with the outcome, not sure I'd make the pattern again, maybe. Though you need a bit more material than you would think because of the layers and the tie.  I never seem to have enough fabric for some patterns.  My mission in 2019 is to not buy so much fabric, buy quality of quantity.  We shall see how that goes.....






No comments:

Post a Comment