Friday 7 July 2017

Up In Arms Top

I found this pattern somewhere amongst a lot of google images on the interweb.  I think it was from a magazine, but you can purchase the PDF of the Up in Arms Blouse for $5.  Even when I bought it I knew it was very similar to the Alice top. However, the sleeves are much easier for this top and there are a few sleeve options.  
 

This is a very fast and friendly pattern to make.  The only alteration I did to the pattern was to make a facing for the sleeves.  I just thought since you can see the underside of this style of sleeve, it would look better to have the fabric pattern on the inside as well. 


I also should have added maybe another inch for the hem, but that's not really a big issue.  Once again my fabric is a soft furnishing fabric from Spotlight. Couldn't go pass up the kitties.  



As white is not really my colour I did make a contrast yolk panel. Unfortunately the piece I cut out was actually for the back yolk. Doh!!





No comments:

Post a Comment