Saturday 1 August 2015

Last time on Dynasty....

When I tried on the finished frock for the New Look 6145 a little voice in my head started up with the opening credits for the tv show Dynasty.  Oh what a fabulous trashy soap it was too. I spent way too much time in my teen years enjoying that guilty pleasure. 

Now there were a number of different pattern options to choose from with this. I decided since it was winter to just go with the sleeve.  Given the fabric pattern I'm not exactly sure why I chose the pleated sleeve. Perhaps it was something different to do, and why not. I like to try new things.  And I must say they do look fab. However, when I put the dress on they looked kind of bonkers.  The fabric is a cotton drill so it is a little stiff anyways and there they are the bio-dome sleeves. They do have a life of their own.  I shall be removing them when I'm next in the mood to unpick. 




 Alas the dress is also a bit of a bum hugger.  I should have allowed a little extra around the tum and bum, but with a run of oversized patterns recently I thought I was making a sensible decision sticking to a straight size 12. It's wearable just a little snug where you don't want it to be. 

It's a good little pattern with some good options. Easy and straightforward to make.  



Perfect dress if I'm going to one of those Supernova sci-fi conventions I would think. 

No comments:

Post a Comment