Friday 21 August 2015

New Look 6091

I started a version of this pattern last year, in a black and white fabric, but then put it to one side. I think I ran out material to use for the bias for the neckline. I was after a top to wear with my chocolate brown A-line skirt.  I have some terrific taupe coloured boots that I hadn't worn all winter and thought if I had the right top for the skirt then the boots would make an outing. Unfortunately by the time I finished the top wouldn't you know it the weather has heated up again.  


I used the basic top template but decided not to make the sleeves a full length version. This three quarter sleeve is much more versatile for me.  I also decided against the elastic waist as I didn't think I needed it if I was using a belt.   
 

I got to try out a new technique with the neckline, which is gathered and then a bias band is used for the facing. Another very easy pattern to put together in a day  The fabric is a 100% quilting cotton from Lincraft. I was very taken with the colours of the oriental floral print.


No comments:

Post a Comment