Friday 10 June 2016

Laptop Case

I've had my laptop for a couple of years now and for some reason only recently thought to make a cover for it.  I try to put it away in a cupboard when I'm not using it but it often lives under my coffee table.  Given I have a poo-load of fabric lingering around the joint I decided to use this vintage 70's floral print.  Yellow isn't really my shade but it looks quite good in an accessory.  


My first design I tried was an envelope. Unfortunately it didn't sit very well I think because I put wadding in the lining.  I just thought some padding was a good idea. 
  


Here I re-jigged the design and put straps with button holes and some covered buttons in the same fabric.  I also couldn't find any plain white material for the lining. I have white material somewhere, but alas I couldn't locate it.  I had a white pillow case that had gone a bit off colour so I decided to use that instead.  It was just the right width.

 Far from perfect, but it should do the job.

No comments:

Post a Comment