Saturday 18 June 2016

New Look 6187

I've been trying to branch out and make more tops recently. I bought a  couple of patterns last time when Spotlight had their $5 sale on patterns. Whenever these sales are on I go through the draws with my list of patterns and mostly they aren't there. Then I just start trawling through the drawers at random to see if anything takes my fancy.  This is where I found the New Look 6187.  I liked the looked of the mandarin collar version. 
  

Alas I was not happy with the end result.  Perfectly easy little top to make, but I didn't make the top long enough and also the sleeves are very boxy.  At first I thought I wouldn't wear it, but I guess it is wearable I'm just not l-o-v-ing it. 



As the basic style of the top is nice I might give one of the other versions a go in the longer sleeve and add a couple of inches to the length. 


Material was a quilting cotton that I've had for about 12 months.  Funny how it matches the diagram on the front of the pattern. 

No comments:

Post a Comment