Wednesday 31 May 2017

New Look Maxi 6096

I've always liked the maxi dress, but it is only recently that I have taken to wearing them.  I guess I didn't really like their popularity when they came out.  Everyone was wearing them, and not always well.  But here I am spruiking one of my favourite summer makes. I think I found this pattern during a Spotlight sale.  I was actually more interest in the shorter versions. It is a great little pattern with a number of variations.  


I bought this lovely paisley style rayon fabric at Lincraft.  It's a medium weight rayon which makes it almost crush free. Hoorah.  


This is a very easy pattern and takes no time to whip up. I don't think I had any problems or any alterations to make. I've made another shorter version with elastic in the sleeves and tried to make a nightie from one of the strappy versions. Didn't quite get around to finishing the nightie.  Seemed a little bit baggy around the bust, my usual problem.  So I abandoned it for another day.  


I'd definitely recommend this pattern.  It suits a number of summer dress variations, but I think I'd like to make a long sleeve version of the shorter dress for a Brisbane winter.  




No comments:

Post a Comment