Saturday 7 October 2017

Lulu does Canada

So many great things to say about Canada. I can't recommend it as a holiday destination enough. We only did the western side, unbelievable natural beauty.  And onto things sewing related, my new Lulu dress got quite a few wears on the trip. So versatile and comfy in the warm weather.  I also took my tartan Lulu which I wore to the Beck concert in Vancouver. Alas the weather was too warm the rest of the trip to wear it.  



So here we are at Lake Louise. I started my day wearing jeans and my Up in Arms top, but the day just got warmer and warmer so I changed for our afternoon at the lake. I'm so glad I chose to make this dress in a lightweight denim. I used the reverse side of the fabric for the binding of the neck to give it a contrast.  This the perfect travel dress because you could wear it with tights or leggings if the weather got cool. 


Lake Louise was as beautiful as you imagine, but then again there are so many beautiful lakes with that same amazing glacial water. The only thing is they don't have a fancy cheateau on them.


And then we arrived in beautiful Banff.  Unfortunately we were in Canada during one of their worste wild fire seasons. We were pretty lucky regarding visability in the Rockies. This was the first time the smoky haze was really noticeable. 


I shall have to leave more holiday picks for another post.  I tried to add some further photos but blogger had a freak out. 

Until next time.

Yx

No comments:

Post a Comment