Saturday 28 October 2017

New Look 6096 Does Seattle

The last stop on my holiday was a trip to Seattle.  I love love loved Seattle. So fortunate that we picked this beautiful Airbnb in the suburb of Queen Anne.  This was one of two balconies at our accommodation with a view down to the harbour.   We stayed 4 days but wish it was 2 weeks. So many things I wanted to do but didn't get around to.  Seattle felt a little like Sydney or San Francisco. It almost didn't feel like the US. It felt like another city in Canada. The people were lovely and so friendly. Well who wouldn't be when you live in such a gorgeous city.  


This would be my third try with the New Look 6096.  I bought the knit fabric at Spotlight. It turned out to be the best travel dress. I only wore it a couple of times to go out to dinner.  It will definitely be a staple in my wardrobe for any future holidays.  It was weird working with a knit fabric and this was very stretchy. But I managed to make it work. I'm trying to branch out and use more knit fabric.





As luck would have it there was and old school haberdashery/fabric store in Queen Anne, Nancy's Sewing Basket. And, and, and they had 20% off while we were there. The fabric gods were smiling on me. I'm so glad these older style stores still exist somewhere. Nothing, big, nothing fancy, but plenty of decent priced fabric to choose from. I had to limit myself with only 4 pieces of fabric as my travel bag was already packed to the max.  



I think travel fatigue set in at the end of our trip so we didn't pack as much into our days. One of the places I was keen to see was MoPop (formerly EMP museum).  


I'm a huge music fan, particularly of the early 90's Seattle music scene.  Whilst I was let down by the absence of a dedicated exhibition to the 90's music culture, I was impressed by all of the amazing exhibitions at hand.  It was great seeing all the fantasy and science fiction costumes and props from some of my favourite movies and fortunately they had a Jim Henson exhibition while we were there.  The highlight, getting a photograph with some of my favourite Muppets. Yay!!! Or as Beaker would say Memememe.  


So sad to the much awaited holiday is well and truly over. Back to reality alas.  But good to be back home with my fur kids. Now it's time to start planning festive sewing.  





No comments:

Post a Comment