Saturday 3 February 2018

Tessuti Annie - The Sequel

This is my second version of the Annie Dress by Tessuti.  I had been meaning to make the pattern again, but couldn't find the right fabric.  This time I decided to make a shorter version.  While I love the maxi dress, I still feel hot in a longer dress during the steamy summer months.  


The fabric is a linen blend from Spotlight.  It's a nice fabric, but it is a little scratchy.  I didn't line the dress, but I may re-think that.  As with my original Annie I tried to make the underarm less low cut. For some reason the dress was still quite gapie under the arms. I maybe had too much of a seam allowance.  Anyway, I may have mentioned before I don't like showing off too much underarm.  No-one needs to see the soft flabby flesh that lurks below.


I've worn the dress a couple of times and it has got a lot of comments because of the lovely leaf pattern.  It's tropical, it's Queensland and it's just so darned comfy.


And on the leaf theme, here is a photo of a caterpillar which was on my lemon tree. He was half that size the first time I saw him 5 days before. He was obviously chowing down on the leaves readying him or herself to build its chrysalis.  Alas I shall never know what type of butterfly it was going to turn into. It was gone a few days later.  Should have kept itself better hidden out of site of the hungry birdlife.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment