Thursday 19 July 2018

The 70's Pinny

 

How good is a pinafore?  I've always had a soft spot for them, or even just wearing a dress as a pinafore in the cooler months. This 70's version was a perfect addition to my work wardrobe.  It's  a shame the cute tops on the packet aren't part of the pattern.  


This is a very easy pattern to construct.  Though, I'm not sure why, you have 2 separate pieces for the front and back. I guess, maybe the seam is a feature, or perhaps it gives the finished product a bit more body. I also did a bit of hand sewing on the arm facing because the facing itself wasn't very wide and would probably keep popping out. I also decided to forego the pockets. I don't think they would have ended up looking too good in the end.  


The first time I wore this I actually wore a black and white spot top similar to the one on the pattern cover with a pussy cat bow.  It just looked a little too bulky underneath.  I have to be careful with this material as well. It reminds me of a fabric I've used before with a bit of weight to it, however, it seems to crush quite easily.  


I was happy to get to wear my white tights.  I bought them a few years ago, not sure what I was intending to wear them with, but they go perfectly with this combo. 


Overall a very satisfying make.  I might consider using the pattern again, but there are plenty more pinafores that want to make before I backtrack to this.  





No comments:

Post a Comment