Sunday 9 November 2014

FrankenFrock

This story begins with at pattern known as Style 2702.  A pattern left sitting in a drawer for a year or so, but I could definitely see some potential for a work frock. After a recent purchase of some red fabric I decided to finally tackle this pattern. Maybe subconsciously I knew this pattern might cause some angst. Or maybe this neglected pattern was going to have its revenge on me. I set out one fine Sunday to begin sewing.  All was going well, I even seemed to ace the pockets early on. Front pleating, no worries.  Making up the neck facing/placard all went well. Then disaster. I attempted to attach the neck facing to the front of the tunic. Ba-baaam, epic fail.  No matter what I did it looked messy.  After checking out people's comments on the interweb I found this pattern hasn't worked out for most people. Sorry 2702 I guess we just weren't to be.

Rather than just throw out the offending frock I decided to get creative and still use what I had already made, turn the tunic into a skirt and create a bodice to attach it too.  Taking the bodice pattern from my vintage Style 1600 I finished up with this creation.  So dear readers I present my frackenfrock.



I don't really bother with pockets usually unless they are going to be visible.



I bough this 100% cotton fabric on line. I think it works really well with the red.





No comments:

Post a Comment