Friday 14 November 2014

More vintage 70's

And now for something completely different, a 70's frock.  The pattern is Style 1583 from 1976.  The material is a lightweight denim and I used red drill for the contrast pieces. Quite a simple pattern to make up. There was no instruction for interfacing for the facing section of the bodice, which was a bit peculiar given that the front bodice is open down the middle I think for a softer fabric you would want to interface it to keep the open from from dropping down. Mine already does slightly as the denim is very soft. I know I'll get plenty of wear out of this for summer as it's so loose fitting and cool. 



The original pattern had ties at the front. Unfortunately the contrast material I was using was too heavy and the ties just didn't sit right


I hardly ever do pockets but here I've done it 2 posts in a row.





1 comment:

  1. You are an inspiration I love every single thing you've made! Beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete