Tuesday 4 November 2014

Kitty Simplicity 1419

I ordered this fabric before there was mention of a cat lady sewing challenge from Miss Crayola Creepy.  I have been known to spend a fair amount of time on the interweb searching for cat fabric.  And I can tell you it's not easy to find a decent looking non-cutesy fabric. I already have my here kitty kitty shift dress for the cooler months and now I have my summer feline feature frock. 



The colour of the fabric had more of a yellowy hue than I expected so I needed to break it up with a contrast collar.  I chose black because I thought it was fairly dramatic.  I also did a black border for the skirt. Then the wheels fell off when I went a tad too far and tried black capped sleeves. That was a a bridge too far. So after some unpicking and the application of some bias binding to the armholes I am now very chuffed with the result.  And a girl can't have too many cat themed ensembles in the old wardrobe.  The pattern was very easy to work with and I would definitely recommend it.

Lurking under my skirt is my cat PJ and her good mate the terracotta cat planter.
I really should have tried to get them both in the photo.





No comments:

Post a Comment