So I got stuck into making up the bodice. All was going well. Then when I looked at cutting out the skirt section with the magenta I just couldn't bring myself to use this fabric for this particular dress. Instead I decided it would be perfect for a dress all on its own. I quite literally have hardly any me made items that are in a plain colour. And for some reason after seeing an episode of Masters of Sex I was quite taken with a green necklace one of the characters was wearing and I was keen to make a version of this necklace when I found the right type of fabric. This is how some of sewing projects come to be. They start with an idea from some buttons I bought or some jewellery I am wanting to make.
So here it is the 2014 party frock. Using my trusty New Look 6223.
|I know the fabric looks a bit crumpled but it is the way the actual fabric is. One of those crushed look fabrics.|
|I was happy with the necklace though I think a third string of beads would have been better. Can always add later I guess.|
Sadly this is a one wear party frock. I noticed a flaw in the fabric behind one of the arms before I left for the function. When I got home it had become an actual tear. Plus I really made a hash job of the zip. After 2 attempts it was probably one of the worst zips I've ever done. I think maybe it was the fabric. So as luck would have it I can at least use the skirt section for the original project. Just a bummer because I did quite like this item.