Sunday 21 December 2014

Summer halter

Simplicity 2176.  At the end of last summer I made this easy halter style dress.  I was after more of a real halter style top but couldn't get my hands on the right pattern.  This will do for now and brilliant on a hot day.  I got the pattern on sale for $5 and the fabric was all pretty well priced as well. It's an easy pattern to make. It's just getting the top section of the bodice right. Not too tight, no too loose.  Because the check fabric has a bit of stretch to it, I will need to adjust the halter strap. I already did this once but since wearing it it appears to need a further adjustment. Just one of those projects that will take 2 seconds to fix but I haven't got around to it yet.  This is a perfect cool summer dress pattern with the variations for the bodice. I added the contrast myself. I wanted the skirt to be longer and so added a border and then decided that the bodice band would be a good option also.   




 

 
 
 





No comments:

Post a Comment