Tuesday 13 January 2015

New Look 2444

This was my first version of the New Look 2444.  I just used some super cheap 100% cotton fabrics. So far the material has aged relatively well as this will be my third summer wearing this outfit.  It is a light and cool dress for summer, though I did not line the skirt so always need to wear a half slip.  I could rectify this as I should with a lot of my outfits, but that's an extra job and more money to spend on fabric.  To jazzy up the bodice I included some covered buttons and I think the effect is quite a good one.








I had some issues with the armholes looking a bit puckered, so I went with an embroidery stitch in black to finish them off and make it look neater. I can't believe I hadn't used the embroidery stitching for yonks and then re-discovered it again recently. So fabulous for hiding flaws. 

No comments:

Post a Comment