Thursday 22 January 2015

Another trip down New Look 6223 Avenue

In the words of OK Go, "Here we go, here we go, here we go again".  Some time ago I bought this wonderful fabric on line. It is probably one of the nicest fabrics I've used in the last 10 years.  It is a heavy style cotton which looks like a linen. Just perfect for my favourite pattern. This was one of those one day projects from cut out to the finished press on the ironing board. I lined the bodice for this version but didn't get around to lining the skirt. Ah well, I'll just have to pull out the half slip again.  

I wore this on my last day at work before the Christmas break.  I got plenty of really nice compliments. It really does say something about using a good quality material, people do seem to notice.  I think this material also came in a blue and yellow if I recall.  I have a terrible memory but I am pretty sure I bought it through Etsy. I really should branch out and try the other dress options for this pattern, particularly the version with a side gather. If I could find some good plain coloured fabric I surely would.

 


 

It's hard to tell, but if you look closely you can see the small black markings which would be little kitties. I even have the kitty earrings to match.   Did I mention that I like cats.....

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for all the different makes of New Look 6223. I have just bought this pattern for my daughter and it was interesting to see your many versions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is one of the best patterns I've used in that style. And obviously I like making it up, a lot.

    ReplyDelete