Wednesday 7 January 2015

Retro shift





I am not sure why, but some time in the 60's there appears to have been some pattern packets printed in black and white. I have maybe 3 or 4 in my pattern collection. 


When I went to make up this dress I just wanted to do something easy with some lightweight cotton I had lying around. This pattern was very straight forward and I didn't have to make any adjustments. Usually with vintage patterns the armholes are way too tight and same with the necklines. It has a back zipper but really if you have a material with a slight stretch I think you could pull it over your head.  This is such a comfortable and easy to wear frock. Has a whiff of old school uniforms about it. I think the placard worked out really well on the front too.






No comments:

Post a Comment