Monday 2 February 2015

Simplicity 1609

Eeek. This was one of those epic fail frocks.  So many people have made this, including friends, and liked the pattern.  After seeing it on many blogs I was keen to give it a try. It really should have been a very simple pattern to make up but frankly the darts did me in.  No matter how I tried to adjust them the finished product around the bust line was ill fitting. I tried taking them in and it looked worse.

The collar was no problem and I was quite happy with that. The little seam at the front where the buttons go ended up being a little off centre. I guess this is just one of those patterns that wasn't right for me.  Bit of a waste of time and major disappointment to be honest. Alas it should have been a really cute work frock.

I had quite a few fails in 2014  with all the sewing I got done. I figure it's best to list the bad with the good. 

Apologies for the grainy photographic work. I think I was trying to adjust the colour, but like the pattern it just wasn't worth fixing. 







No comments:

Post a Comment