Wednesday 13 May 2015

Another New Look 6068

Quite a different version of this pattern than my original in floral.  I honestly think this material was bought back in 1995 when I lived in Sydney.  I used it for a very 90's strappy frock which I wore a few times but alas it shrunk in the wash. I found the remainder of the material in a cupboard at my folks' house. It's always a joy to find a good amount of fabric hidden away. 

This is a fairly easy pattern to make. The bonus being no zips and only one button at the front.  The material might not be ideal however. For some reason my collar seems to keep creasing up for as if there is some resistance to the main fabric. It's all constructed perfectly but for some reason after ironing the collar several times, it just looks a bit poo.  I just went with a basic capped sleeve and the bias tape on the inside did look a bit bumpy when I finished hand sewing it, but seems to have pressed up okay.  Pretty happy with the end result even though the collar is a bit annoying.  I had hoped this would be a throw in a suitcase type of frock but with the collar perhaps not.  Also maybe could have lost a few inches of the hem since I'll be wearing it with tights mostly.



During the making of this frock there was a bit of drama in the FrocknStuff household.  My beautiful PJ was taken ill one miserable week.  She had couple of trips to the vet, blood tests and finally an ultrasound, but they found nothing obviously wrong with her. She developed a very and unfortunately spent 4 days in the Cat Clinic which was traumatic for both of us as she has only ever stayed with family if she isn’t with me.  But she bounced back from her ordeal, unlike my wallet, and returned home with her lovely shaved belly.  When she sat upright the loose flesh on her belly hung over her back feet making her look like an emperor penguin. I half expected to find an egg resting on her back paws.  So clingy after her time away she was practically lying on top of the sewing machine as I was trying to sew.  
 


The shaved belly actually worked a treat during furball season. She must do a lot of tummy washing because we had nary 1 furball  since February.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about PJ. It is terrible when you cat gets poorly and you can't help it (don't know if PJ is a she or a he). Your dress looks lovely btw. I like the Peter Pan collar on it, though agree that maybe it could do with losing an inch or two. Looks a very wearable sort of dress. Regards, Trish

    ReplyDelete