Wednesday 27 May 2015

Days of Wine and Pinafores

Finally I get to do some location shooting, other than at my parents’ house.  I was lucky enough to have 5 days holiday in South Australia visiting Adelaide and the Barossa for the first time. These particular photos were shot in the Barossa wine region.  Such a lovely time of the year to be down there as the autumn leaves were still clinging to the grape vines.  I knew the weather was going to be pretty chilly so had to get stuck into some sewing before I left.  I had been looking at this vintage pattern for a pinafore and found some soft furnishing fabric at Lincraft which seemed to be perfect. It is a nice brown weave with a polished underside, which looks like a reasonably heavy woollen fabric.  The fabric sewed up a treat. There might be an issue with fraying down the track. 



I was almost blending in with the landscape.



The V at the front wasn’t perfect so I put one of my vintage buttons at the base, which works pretty well.  I had thought I might need to line the fabric but it seems to sit out far enough not catch on my tights. Though I wasn’t exactly walking any distance in the pinafore, just to the car, cellar door and back for the wine tour.


We saw a lot of sheep in the surrounding country side.  We took a detour through McLaren Vale on the way the Barossa.  Such a lovely part of the world.  I got my cousin to stop the car at one point as there were all these lambs bouncing around one paddock. We got out and took a heap of photos like some crazy tourists.  When you drive around similar regions of Queensland you almost never see sheep as all our sheep stations are more out in the central part of the state.


The wine tour took us to Penfolds and our little group decided to splurge on a tasting of Grange.  It was $50 (for a tasting!) but we split the tastings between 2 people.  So $25 to experience one of the most expensive wines in the world.  Was very tasty but there were so may wonderful red wines to sample in McLaren Vale and Barossa, well more in my price range.




No comments:

Post a Comment