Monday 21 September 2015

....Because I needed some more patterns

In recent weeks I have revisited one of my addictions, shopping for retro patterns on line. It seems like a harmless enough pastime.  That is until you decided you really really need to buy one pattern and then it doesn't stop there, oh no. There's another one that looks promising and no-one has made a bid on it yet. I probably shouldn't, but why not. If I don't win the bid then so be it.  I do have a certain limit.  I am mostly looking for a good bargain.  Recently all the patterns I bought were under $5, then plus some postage in some cases.  I'm guessing other shoppers are more selective and will pay a whole lot more for say a single special pattern.

Isn't it just amazing how much time you can waist on the interweb looking at patterns. And I'm guessing a lot of other sewers do the same thing, building a larger and larger cache of patterns.  Sometimes I'm really good and use the pattern almost as soon as I get it. Then there are the other patterns that get forgotten in a pile somewhere because I'm distracted by the newly arrived goodies.    So here are some of my purchases in the last fortnight.



 
 
  
 
Then this weekend just gone, I was a bit sick with a cold and heavy dose of the hayfever to boot and found myself on the interweb again and bought more more more.

 

I bought these 2 patterns thinking I may make adjustments to the design.  For the first frock I think I'd make it with shorter sleeves for the summer months. I wouldn't really get as much wear out of a long sleeve dress I fear here in the tropics. Certainly looks real nice and comfy and easy to make. The second pattern I was taken with the bodice and tie. Though rather than the A-line skirt maybe doing a gathered skirt. Obviously that would change the 70's look, but I think the bodice would suit a 50's style too.


Pretty much bought this bargain because of the blouse which I thought looked really cute. I could however see myself making up the pinafore in the cooler months. Looks rather smart.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment