Monday 14 September 2015

Top and skirt basic

I wasn't sure about blogging a fairly basic sewing project, however, I thought the ensemble looked pretty good together.  A few girls at work said it looked a bit rockabilly. The reason I think was that the fabric is pink and white gingham, but of course you can't tell from the photos. I bought the craft fabric from the Spotlight craft section. I wanted to make up this material in a very basic top and decided to use a vintage dress pattern and just turn the dress into a top.  

I would love do a version of the dress if I could find a lovely vintage
 floral like the one on the packet
Very simple top to put together, just a little snug pulling over the head as there is absolutely no give in the fabric.  The shame about the fabric is it's 100% cotton so it starts to look creased pretty quickly.  I read recently a trick to getting stubborn creases out of fabric was using water mixed with white vinegar.  It does work. I wonder if it would have some use for keeping the crease factor down when wearing the creasy garment. I think vinegar softens  fabric. I use in in my washing machine when I'm doing towels. It does work as a fabric softener in that instance.



I made the black skirt earlier in the year.  It is just the simple 2 rectangle and waistband skirt. I use a Cynthia Rowley pattern to do the pleats whenever I do this style of skirt.  It's a good versatile skirt for work. 



No comments:

Post a Comment