Thursday 19 November 2015

70's Smock, The Sequel

Here is a second version of a 70's smock top that I made using Simplicity 5756 .  My original was quite a  long version which I can wear as a dress or over jeans. I went for something a little shorter in a black broderie anglaise.  The pattern also called for a small back zip. After I made my original version I reaslised that a zip wasn't necessary as there was plenty of room to get my head through the neck opening. And just plenty of room all round.  The original version was also a very large size 10, with gaping underarms which I had to keep taking in. This time I think I've made the perfect size.  I also ran out of material for my first version and couldn't do a double sided sleeve.  This time, however I had enough material. This material will be just fab for the warmer months, of which we have a plenty.

Also finally getting some wear out of one my necklaces that I made a long while back.

                  


Again, another great 70's pattern.  Maybe I'll try the Maxi dress version one day.




No comments:

Post a Comment