Tuesday 3 November 2015

Simplicity 2215

I'm finally getting around to blogging about this Cynthia Rowley pattern.  I have used the skirt pattern 3 times and made up the pinafore once.  The skirt has become my go to skirt when I do pleats in a full skirt.  I have a grey version which I get a lot of wear out of. I made up this nice neutral patterned duck cloth (below) which goes well with all things brown and neutral.  Though the skirt can tend to be somewhat tight at times, depending on how much edible indulging I've been up to.  Also this fabric is a bit of a creaser bummer. 


My favourite version thus far.  I love the bold dots and the colour. Again, it's a duck cloth from Spotlight. Plus the colours lend themselves to wearing some different coloured tops and tights in the winter months. However, I decided I wanted to get more wear out of it so made this navy version of the top.  The top was very easy to make.  I've just been getting back to collars and buttonholes in recent years.  For some reason I've not been choosing many patterns with either of these.  But really buttonholes aren't that big of a deal, once you do one the other's all come together pretty quickly. 



The pinafore was a bit of a let down. I think perhaps the colour was way too blah and for some reason the lining in the bodice seems to pull and sometimes leave obviously creases that show through at the front.  This is one of those material that would be horrendo for pants because it would show any lumps and bumps you may be carrying.  I've seen this before on some poor unsuspecting lassy wearing a pair of taupe coloured trousers and more unfortunate choice of underwear, the G-string, letting a whole buttocks/thigh of hail damage to shine through the fabric. Honestly cellulite does not discriminate you don't have to be a overweight for that monster to rear it's ugly head. So if you are wearing a fitted clothing in the beige taupe tones, just have a looksee at your rear visage in the mirror before you leave home. 

The best thing about this was the deer buttons I bought on Etsy.

No comments:

Post a Comment