Saturday 2 January 2016

I want to ride my bicycle, I want to ride my bike......

This is my second time making the Simplicity 1419 pattern.  My first version was kitty themed, so why not go with a fun bike pattern for version 2.  This another fabric from the furnishing fabric section at Spotlight. I bought it with a Washi in mind but there wasn’t enough material and because of the pattern you couldn’t turn any pattern pieces upside down.  I decided to go sans collar for this version and sleeveless. 


It’s a lovely simple pattern to make up and I like the pleating in the front.  It’s a less gathered full skirt than most patterns like this.  Because of the stiffness of the material I’m not sure I will need to do a button for the top. I guess after a few washes it might flop forward and when that happens I will finish off the top section as per the pattern. 


Very happy with my fun summer frock.  Because I really needed some more dresses.  Christmas break did yield quite a few new makes. Never sure if I’ll be in the mood to be sitting at the sewing machine or using a hot iron in the summer heat but I did get quite a few things done.  That was, however, in between binge watching episodes of The Killing and eating way too much festive fair.  



Funny how the back version looks like a bike pile up.

No comments:

Post a Comment