Monday 18 January 2016

Vintage Simplicity 7097


This is an interesting 60's pattern which includes a dress, bathing-suit and "beach coat". What the fudge is a beach coat? This was also the era of the brunch coat so it probably made complete sense.  I remember someone mentioning brunch coats at a dinner a few years ago and it was hard to explain exactly what they were. I think it was pretty much a short sleeved dressing gown. They were cute little things you wore over your summer jammies as far as I could see. I'm pretty sure you didn't wear it out of the house to brunch with the girls.


Again, my camera was playing silly buggers and giving me that nice blurry effect.  These photos were the only ones to make the cut.  So I chose the dress pattern and used a craft material I had in my cache-o-plenty of material.  I was very chuffed with the pockets which were very easy to make and I just put some rickerack about 1 inch from the top border of the pocket. There is a front zip which is not even noticeable in the photographs.



I also added a black border with some bias tape to the hem. Otherwise the dress would have been a little too short for me.  I think it's a lovely little cotton frock but will probably crush like the buggery given that it's 100% cotton.  It also looks fine to me with or without the belt.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment