Wednesday 23 March 2016

70's inspired top

I made this top using this vintage Simplicity pattern as the base.  I wasn't sure what I wanted to make with this cotton craft fabric from Lincraft, but since it had a 70's vibe I thought I should go with a 70's pattern.  Originally I thought maybe a peasant top, but I remembered how much I liked this pattern.  This is quite a simple pattern and a quick make. The pattern pieces are cut on the bias which makes it easier for getting over your head even using a fabric without stretch. 


I basically changed the neckline and took a few centimetres off the side seams.  I may take the hem up another inch or so. Really happy with this basic work top. Would look good with a skirt or pants. And I have hardly any blues in my work wardrobe.


I also added some top stitching to the seam lines at the front, just to give a little definition to the sections.   



1 comment:

  1. That is such a pretty top. I may try cutting one of my stretch ones on the bias to see if it would have the same effect. TS

    ReplyDelete