Tuesday 15 March 2016

McCalls 7084

I think this is the first shirt dress pattern that I have actually completed.  I picked up the pattern in a sale at Spotlight, even though I had a couple of similar patterns at home.  The material is a nice light linen blend also from Spotlight. 


Overall it a pretty easy make, even though there are a poo load of pieces to the pattern, given the various panels.  I don't think the end result is exactly flattering. It looks a bit boxy, even with the belt.  Plus I maybe should have lined the skirt. I haven't worn it yet because the half slips I own are not short enough given the lower front opening.  It's probably lack of enthusiasm for the dress that has left me unmotivated about sorting out the slip/lining dilemma. 


The side angle doesn't look too bad. Also it's a shame about the collar, I think it sits out a bit too wide. 


I didn't have enough material for a belt so had to go out and buy a new belt.  I could have gone for a thinner belt as well.

No complaint about the pattern, it's just this style doesn't suit me.  Having said that there are a couple of other versions with a fuller skirt which I might try. View C looks like a interesting option.


Image result for mccalls 7084


1 comment:

  1. I have to agree with you, this is not your dress. Though you make so many others that suit you, so not a disaster! A circle skirt would maybe make it more interesting. The black and white striped one on the pattern looks good.

    ReplyDelete