Thursday 3 March 2016

Style 1611



It is time once more for some sewing in the 70's.  I have made something a little similar in style before with a denim. I was also very glad to actually find some material in my stores which was appropriate (this rarely ever happens). Pretty sure I bought this material the first time I visited The Fabric Store.  At the time I intended it for a fitted sleeveless work frock but fortunately that never happened. It went where all good fabric goes to be forgotten about, hence its destiny lay in this slightly more interesting retro frock.  I can see from the photographs that I had that certain glow about me, it being about 7.45 in the AM and it being summer in Brisbane.  I'm sure by the time I got to work I already looked a tad wilted.


 

This was a very easy make, although I did have trouble with the front panel of the bodice.  It turned out to be way too wide and the rest of the bodice was gaping every which way.  I should have known better given that when I made my pineapple frock, with the same feature, I had this same problem.  It's still a little roomy but all in all I am very happy.  The length is true to the pattern but if I had more fabric I would have probably gone a few more inches in the length.  I already have a two tone more casual version in my thoughts. 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment