Tuesday 17 May 2016

Butterick 4443

I was lucky enough to be given a bag a fabric recently from a friend of the family. I guess there are many metres of fabric lying stashed away in homes across Australia. I personally didn't have that much fabric lying around from my years of sewing. Though my mum actually had a couple of items which were even still bagged up with cotton, and notions all ready to make. Now, I could almost fill a whole cupboard with fabric bought in the last 5 years.  Anyoldhow, pink seemed to be the colour du jour in this little bundle.  


So I located one of my old patterns which was perfect for this cotton/denim combo. The pink cotton is a drill which does need a good press.  Rather than fully line the bodice I just used a section as facing and self-made bias binding for the armholes.  For some reason though the material is a tad crinkly around the arms.  


I had used this pattern previously with a purple and white spot, with a sleeve.  Unfortunately the zip broke and I didn't feel motivated to put in a new zip. Too many other new things to sew. 


And I dedicate this photo to my friend Anna who says I don't smile enough in my photos. And yes, I know it's not really a big smile as such, but when  a girl gets to a certain age it's hard to take a good smiley photo that doesn't leave you exposing some double chin action. It's hard enough trying to take a decent photo of the upper arms for goodness sake.


No comments:

Post a Comment