Tuesday 10 May 2016

Vogue 8185

A definite blast from the recent past this 2006 pattern.  I made my first version I guess nearly 10 years ago.  My word where has the last decade gone.  I had intended to make version F with the triple frill layering. But of course I did my usual thing in not really concentrating on the instructions when cutting it out I cut the main part of the dress a bit too long and I didn't realise until I'd already put the first frill on.  Bother!  So rather than unpick a perfectly good frill I just had to stick with the most basic of versions. 


Anyway you can't really tell but this is a black and white spot pattern.  You know the kind of cotton when you bend over to buckle your sandals it leaves these ghastly wrinkles all through it.  I also used some nice buttons from my vintage button collection. 



All in all a very easy make and a nice summer dress. 

No comments:

Post a Comment