Monday 2 May 2016

Italian anyone?

Inspired by a dress I saw on line I was keen to try a red and white check dress.  But seriously you can't look at a red and white checks and not think Italian restaurant.  


I chose my favourite go to pattern New Look 6223. I did fully line the dress this time. Sometimes I just do the bodice depending on the how sheer the fabric might be.  Unfortunately the dress is a little snug on the waist darn it all.  This could be because: 

(a)  I gathered the skirt instead of using the pleating; or 
(b)  I ate too many hot cross buns at Easter and my belly is telling me to get on the treadmill.


I may try letting out the darts a bit and see if that makes it more comfy.  As per usual an easy dress to make and quite satisfied the end results. 




Pretty happy with our my checks seem to match up.


No comments:

Post a Comment