Friday 13 April 2018

Hooray for Stripes

I am very happy to finally use this material that I bought in Vancouver back in August during my Canada holiday. I wanted to use a pattern where I could have the stripes going in different directions for the bodice and skirt.  This worked perfectly for this self-drafted number. The material is a cotton which has a lot of body.  So it's not great for our summer weather, but will be a good for me in the cooler months.    
 

I used a bodice from one of my go to New Look patterns and then just cut out 2 rectangles for the skirt. I like using the 50's style patterns, but I've decided I prefer the 70's style of this type of dress where the skirt is more highwaisted. 


This was a new colour pallet to add to my work wardrobe. I don't think I've had a maroon before.   I am very happy with how the sleeves match up with the stripe in the dress.  Unfortunately the side stripes don't match. That's always hard for darts, you've got to remember to match from the bottom of the pattern piece not the top. Ah, next time then. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment