Friday 18 May 2018

Cambie Goes Tropical

This is my third adventure with the Cambie pattern.  My first attempt was a red and white spot number.  It was quite a nice dress, but the fit was a bit disappointing because it was a bit big. And the pattern was totally lined so it's hard to make adjustments once that's all in.  My second Cambie was the A-line skirt version.  That turned out quite well as a Christmas party dress.  I bought this beautiful fabric at Joann Fabrics in Seattle on my holidays last year. As soon as I saw this cotton sateen I knew that  it was coming home with me to the Land of Aus. So I present, my tropical Cambie.



I decided to forgo the waistband this time.  I really don't like a fitted waistband on me.  I think this works perfectly well. Afterall the main feature is the lovely fan style sleeves.  


My line of pineapples on the skirt seem to be quite straight at the back, but for some reason they are on an angle at the front. I don't think it's that noticeable given all that's going on with the pattern of the fabric. 


The sweetheart neckline does roll out a little bit, even with understiching. I probably could have bought the sleeves a little closer in and maybe it would sit completely flat


I was completely chuffed with my finished product as I'm quite the devotee of anything pineapple themed.  Though the dress only got one comment when I wore it to work.  I was suprised, at the very least I'd call it eye catching.  Not your usual old boring office attire and mass produced yawn fest of frocks produced by a lot of retailers.  

I'm so happy to have something else in my wardrobe that reminds me of a lovely holiday.  If you are even in Seattle go to the beautiful suburb of Queen Anne and check out Joann Fabrics.   



 

No comments:

Post a Comment