Saturday 25 October 2014

Butterick 5316


I've had two successes with this pattern.  Firstly in a red version and then the combo black and white top with navy skirt.  This is one of those patterns I bought and then wasn't overly fussed on, so it sat in the cupboard for a time.   When I finally decided to make up a work dress in my bestest colour friend red, I was really happy with the results and this one always gets me nice comments.  It's also a change to have a plain coloured dress that can be jazzied up with accessories. They are both fully lined which is not always my favourite thing to do, but for work frocks this is probably wise. Overall this is a very good pattern for a tailored dress.



The brooch is from my handmade collection.  


I made up this contrasting version from material which I had lying around. Very happy with the result. I like to pair it with red shoes for some more contrast. 


No comments:

Post a Comment