Monday 27 October 2014

Jasmine Blouse

I really wanted this lovely pattern to work out. I found this vintage style craft fabric at Lincraft which may be a bit busy considering the design of the top. The pattern itself came together easily. Though there are quite a few steps and I do tend to lose interest part the way through.  I was happy however to be making a top sans buttons and zip. 

Alas the sizing was way too big and the end product looks like I am wearing 1-2 sizes too big.  I took the seams in as much as I could. Though there wasn’t much I could do about the collar and sleeves. I was surprised how oversized the sleeves were to be honest. You could definitely take up the length of them by a couple of inches.   I have since washed the top a couple of times in hot water. Not sure if that made much of a difference.  I am in the process of making a black full skirt and see if the tops benefits from being tucked into something.  I’m not much of a top tucker but hopefully with a belt it might look less baggy. Such a shame because I absolutely love the fabric and the way the top looks.  It just needs a dash of the “drink me” shrinking potion from Alice in Wonderland and it would be a perfect piece.


















No comments:

Post a Comment