Monday 13 October 2014

Scalloped edge tops

I found this lovely pattern amongst my vintage patterns and it was an easy top to put together. I was slightly intimidated about the scalloping feature but it turned out to be fairly simple. I sometimes can't get my curved edges as nice and rounded as I would like but both of these tops turned our really well. The neck is little more snug than I would usually like, but I'm getting used to this feature of a lot of 60's patterns. Obviously everyone had a swan like neck back then. There is a back zip and I just used bias binding for the arms instead of facing.

I bought this lovely vintage style fabric on line after seeing it on etsy.
It's 100% cotton but has the look of a linen
I love the colour. I love the design with the elegant teacups.


Surprisingly I found the scalloped edge actually suits a full skirt.

Here's another seersucker fabric that I purchased from Spotlight.
I haven't actually worn this one yet but will no doubt be a summer staple.

No comments:

Post a Comment