Wednesday 11 March 2015

Simplicity 2549

Here is another bit of frankenfrock action.

This was the dress I intended to make with these contrasting fabrics originally. However, after making up the bodice, I realised I had enough of the fuchsia material to make a entire dress I went ahead and used New Look 6223 for my 2014 party frock. Sadly as mentioned in a previous post there was a flaw in the fabric in the bodice section and it tore after only one wear.  

This pattern came together with no adjustments.  Having said that though, I kept the skirt section as per the 6223. This pattern has a slightly different design for the skirt with less pleats front and back so the skirt would be a little more fitted generally speaking.  I did have to reinforce the crossover section of the bodice with some hand tacking inside, allowing for lack of boobage and the tendancy for it to gape.  I have only  now noticed after looking at the pattern today that for some reason I omitted the bow for the waist line.  I guess I just thought with the bodice material being quite busy it didn't need it. 

Such a comfy dress to wear. I really do need more of these higher waist lines in my wardrobe. 

 

Quite happy with how the squares line up in the main bodice piece attaching to the band.
Given the unusual pattern of floral with checks I think I've got the right balance for the material pattern at the front. 

A nice family portrait




No comments:

Post a Comment