Sunday 7 June 2015

Retro Simplicity

This is one of my 60’s patterns that I have had 2 goes at.  The first version of the Simplicity 7129 pattern I made up for a work Christmas party 2 years ago. I knew at the time I wanted to make a second version with the back variation.  The original version had a tie back, which didn’t work so well given the heavy fabric used for the dress.  This time, however, the heavier fabric was a benefit with the backward style collar. Though it does sit out a little at the back making me look like I have wings.  Apart from the sizing being quite large, as most of my vintage patterns have been, it was an easy pattern to adjust down and I don’t mind it being a little roomy. I decided to go without the sleeves as I will get more wear out of a sleeveless dress given our endless summer weather.





The end result is a comfortable and quite striking looking frock. The fabric is a heavy cotton which I bought at Spotlight maybe 3 years ago.  I thought the pattern and colours were quite unique. 



No comments:

Post a Comment