Thursday 4 February 2016

The dress that Grunge built

Sometimes it's nice to have a soundtrack to your sewing projects.  I was, not surprising for me, in a 90's mood and after hearing of the death of Scott Weiland from Stone Temple Pilots I was in the mood for giving the Purple and No. 4 albums a whirl on the turntable (or rather cd player). Matched nicely with a bit of Hole's Life Through This, I was having a very enjoyable sewing day indeed. And yes, I do still have a cd player and I still love record players especially listening to my old albums whenever house/kitty sit for my parents.

As it turns out, my current version of the Washi dress kind of has a 90's vibe in this lovely soft denim. 
 

 

This is the third time I've made the Washi and I still haven't bothered to use the feature in the neckline. I'm just afraid if the material isn't stiff enough it will flop forward. 

Oh how I love shirring. I've got that skill nailed now. Not bad considering in my long sewing history I hadn't managed to attempt this before.


So vale Scott Weiland "going blind out of reach somewhere in the Vasoline......"

 

No comments:

Post a Comment