Tuesday 30 June 2015

Frockin Heck

FrankenFrock strikes again.  I wanted to make something with long sleeves, with no fuss zips or buttons.  After success with the Washi dress pattern I thought I'd use the Washi as my basis.  I changed the neckline to make it less scooped and used the sleeves from New Look 6068. The cotton material I bought from Spotlight last year. It's quite a sheer fabric but has a certain stiffness to it.  I just love the olive green colour.


I also decided to gather the front section instead of doing the pleats. Again I just wanted something that was super easy. 


Probably the only disappointing bit to this frock is that the shirring at the back appears a little high. I think it's obvious because of the gathering in the front. Basically if I turn side on it looks like the shirring should be about 2 inches lower. So I shall just avoid being seen side on.


When I look at the finished product it looks like a good basis for a medieval frock. So if I ever do go to a medieval fair I'll be able to whip up a slightly longer version.  


I also just put elastic in the base of sleeves rather than using the facing.

Given the lame Brisbane winter weather I hope I get to wear this before it heats up again.  I planned to wear it last week as I had some birthday celebrations and it was the usual festival of food. This frock would have been perfect to wear if the weather was a tad cooler.  

2 comments:

  1. It's certainly got medieval vibes and the colour and style really suit you.

    ReplyDelete