Monday 8 September 2014

Butterick 5640

This is one of those super comfy outfits.  The material has a nice shimmer so I can wear it for night or day. The only problem is the usal issue with too much material around the bust. It's particularly noticeable when you sit down, as the middle band seems to push up the top section making it appear quite baggy in that region.  It's not a bad pattern but may benefit from a more structured fabric.  I also used an embroidery stritch, in black, around the sleeves and hem to hide the fact that this material did pucker. I hadn't used that application for a very long time. My Janaome is about 20 years old and I would assume that today's machines have even more of a selection in embroidery stiches to finish off (or rather hide) some flaws in a finished product.  I wouldn't list this as one of my best creations but it does get nice comments whenever I wear it. The necklace is one of my own creations also.







No comments:

Post a Comment