Wednesday 17 September 2014

Simplicity 5919



I love love loved this pattern when I saw it on line. So excited about making it up. I was pretty sure I wouldn't find the right fabric any time soon but kept an eye out for something in a plain fabric but nought was found. On a trip to the Fabric Store a few months back, I found this interesting stripe fabric. It is a cotton, but it like a corduroy in texture.  So all in all very interesting.  Even though I wanted to make the version with the bow, I had to forgo that look and have used a brooch instead as the feature. I am quite happy with the finished product.  However, while erring on the side of caution I made the pattern to it's original size 14.  And voila what do you know it's a tad too big again.  Also for some reason the skirt is quite long.  Now I do tend to prefer a longer skirt, but somehow without trying, this is probably a few inches too long. I will look at rectifying this when I'm feeling motivated.  The top was also way too big and I've taken it in as far as I can.  I probably should be doing a bit more measuring before I finish off my clothes, but I get a bit impatient, and frankly a bit bored part the way through sewing some projects. 

The whole thing came together quite well. Though the pattern instructions weren't overly clear with regard to the pleats in the skirt. I haven't done those type of pleats before and I had to work out what the fudge was going on through some logical deduction.  I wore the outfit to work this week. The fabric is quite disappointing I must say. It is a heavier fabric but managed to crush really easily without me doing too much to it apart from sitting on the train and sitting at my desk at work.  Bit of a drag. Anyways the weather is heating up so I probably won't pull this out of the wardrobe again until mid next year.













1 comment:

  1. Looks like that little outfit will take you many places indeed.

    ReplyDelete