Saturday 13 September 2014

Vogue 8613

Here is a pattern I was really taken with when I was going through the Vogue pattern catalogue a few years back.  I was not however sold on the featured photograph of version E.  It really is quite a bad version. I was optimistic that versions A and B had some potential. This is probably the dress I receive the most compliments on. I love this dress and am very proud of how it turned out. 

This pattern is not for the novices out there.  There is quite a lot to it including buttons and a zip.  If I remember correctly, I didn't have to make any adjustments to it and it came together quite easily, even though there were quite a few steps. I'm not sure why but sometimes the more complicated patterns work out the best.  The pattern companies may be put details into the instructions in the more complicated ones.  I had the material stashed away. A perfect vintage style cotton sateen. I have always wanted to remake this one with some contrasts for the collar and sleeves, but with so many other patterns out there to get through it's hard to return to the harder patterns.  





2 comments:

  1. This is one of my favourites, so very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kate this is one definitely one I'm very proud of.

    ReplyDelete